What is the best way to create a buzz about your upcoming event? Well, we all know the answer to this question – It’s none other than the social media platforms. The vast range of platforms available to us offers many creative ways to promote an event on social media, where you can even directly communicate with your audience.
But event promotion on social media channels required brainstorming. You need to maximize your efforts and also come up with an extraordinary strategy to promote the posts about your event on these platforms. You don’t only want your followers to engage with the post but also covert them too.
Here are some steps you can take for your event promotion on social media:
Choose your social media platform wisely
This totally depends upon your target audience and the business you are in, different platforms have a different power to work in your favour. Here’s a quick summary:
- Facebook: Share updates about your event, engage followers, and create event pages. You can also target your messaging to particular groups using paid promotion.
- Instagram: The most trending platform indeed! Brands get the maximum engagement on this image-laden social media platform.
- YouTube: A legacy video platform that is becoming even friendlier to advertisers and musicians as people like spending most of their time on this video-based platform.
- LinkedIn: A professional social media platform is a great choice for company news and event announcements.
- Twitter: A great platform to talk about your event in fewer words. Use posts and appropriate hashtags to build excitement before and during your event.
- Snapchat: Appeal to young audiences by building a presence on Snapchat as the platform allows you to share real-time pictures!
Relevant Event Hashtags
Your event hashtag can be a key to your event’s success as the more your hashtag will be used, the more your event will be promoted. Find yourself a hashtag that’s short, unique, and easy to understand. The next step is to spread the chosen hashtag on all your other communication channels.
Add a Facebook Event
More than 700 million people use Facebook Events each month. Make your events stand out from the rest.
- Pick a 1920×1080 cover photo that looks good on any size screen
- Talk about your event’s location, time, and category so Facebook can help promote your event
- Craft an exciting event description
- Use the platform to sell tickets to your event. Put your ticketing link front and centre
Content is the key
When promoting an event, every post counts. Make sure your content is engaging, conversational, and not overly “salesy.” Tailor content according to each social media platform keeping in mind the different styles and audiences on each platform. Include images into your posts as Image and video-driven posts are more engaging than a plain copy. There are many tasks involved in this process to event promotion on a social media platform but at least half of them can be done using the services of a digital marketing company like Social Eyes.