Imagine scheduling meetings without having a calendar handy – a written schedule helps save time and avoid any chance of double-booking any task/meeting. Just like personal and work calendars can become messy without having one, your social media accounts need a properly planned and structured schedule. A social media calendar helps construct the process of crafting and publishing content through a structured schedule to work with.
A social media calendar is one of the important tools that should be in every Brand manager’s kit – think of it as the main ingredient for a perfect recipe. It improves your work efficiency significantly; managing social media can be overwhelming, causing panic attacks. Fret not! Your work life will become a lot easier with a planned social media calendar strategy; it helps manage social media accounts easily.
What is a Social Media Content Calendar?
A social media calendar allows businesses to organize upcoming posts and events into a publishing schedule by date- helps keep track of deadlines and better management of the content creation team. While each content calendar can be customized as per your unique requirements and strategy, it usually includes the following:
– Date and time to post the content
– Social network and account where it will be published
– Copy, caption & visual format
– Links and hashtags that must be included
– Additional information
What are the key reasons for using a social media calendar?
Listed below are some of the important reasons for using social media calendars:
- Helps Post content Regularly: Remember that ‘consistency’ should be your priority, despite your business goals. Whether it is for better likes or more subscribers, or engagement, consistency is your key to all. You cannot publish 5 posts a day and then go MIA for a week. Social media doesn’t register that behavior as an active business. Your brand must consistently feed the audience with quality content and keep them engaged. This leads to a better and larger audience. You will notice organic reach and an increase in your followers – a calendar is a reminder to publish content consistently. It allows you to plan and post content ahead of time, increasing your chance to grow significantly.
- Proper Organization Saves Time: One of the major advantages of a calendar is that it helps you stay organized. You can categorize your work and take care of multiple accounts at a time with ease. It helps you note down any idea that strikes your mind at any time. When you publish content every day, it is easy to lose your focus – a social media calendar can be customized according to your needs. It helps schedule social media posts so you don’t have to worry about it – manage audience engagement from a single app.
- Help Avoid Errors: When you plan your posts ahead of time, you can check them as many times as needed before they go live. Part of the job is to research and fact-check with copy editing. Your copies need to be free of mistakes and errors and should be cited for sources properly. A social media calendar allows you to see all upcoming posts – you can double-check the posts to avoid any grammatical errors and spelling. It helps you know if you are using the right links and images. It helps prevent any mishap in posting as well as managing engagement.
- Reminds You of Important Moments: Not capitalizing on a festival or event can leave you feeling guilty or in regret. Too big to put in words – a social media calendar helps you remember the important days, festivals, and all global events happening across the world. This applies to those events that hold relevance to your brand’s target audience. It is difficult for you to recognize something that is essential for your brand, especially when you are deep in the schedule of publishing content. A well-planned calendar keeps you updated about everything.
- Create Quality Content: With exponential social media growth, content quality has also increased tremendously. Long gone are the days of simple one-liners on a plain background. Nowadays, you can connect with a trusted social media marketing agency in Delhi that works diligently to make each post count. In this term, social media Calendar 2023 will work magic for you in managing your resources effectively. You can deliver your best when you are free – it helps you maintain the brand’s voice and vision.
- Helps Keep Track: A calendar offers you a long-term vision for your brand – everything will stay in one place and be well-organized. It helps you monitor the posts’ performance and responses – measure the performance and make all possible improvements. You can construct future content based on the insights and information gathered to steer your brand in the right direction. Without a social media calendar – it gets challenging to focus on the direction of the content and the brand’s vision. A calendar will help you with hard data and figure out a way to use them for the betterment of social media posts and the brand.
How to develop a social media posting schedule?
The first step for social media scheduling is developing a schedule to get insights and understand what the data tells you. Check in on analytics on each platform and see how your brand profiles are performing. Do you notice your audience on LinkedIn is active in the morning, but your audience on Instagram and Twitter is more active at noon? Well, such information helps you schedule your time to post. If your specific platform analytics aren’t so clear, a quick search on Google will drive amazing recommendations for the best times to post on each platform. Beware! Your audience may behave differently. When you think you have learned something new, adjust your schedule – post formats and other parameters. It takes some time to determine what schedule works great for your brand and your audience – but it’s a time spent well.
If you are looking for professional help in strategizing your social media calendar, connect with our marketing wizards