We always wonder, why certain posts go viral and why some of our posts on Facebook don’t get the views or likes it deserves. You all want to understand the new Facebook algorithm 2021, but from previous experience, we fear that it may be confusing or difficult to understand.
This time there is good news as Facebook has made it simpler to understand how it prioritizes or ranks the new content for its users feed. So, it no longer rockets science but an easy-to-follow guide that will help you crack the code of popularity on Facebook.
Here’s how the Facebook algorithm works and some tips and tricks to push your Facebook content to the top.
The new Facebook Algorithm 2021
The algorithm ranks all the new posts from the user’s feed base on the basis of how likely is the user going to have a positive experience from the posts on the feed. The app now prioritizes content posted by friends rather than a publisher, which is selected on the basis of “meaningful interaction.” This is also based on the individual user’s survey indicating what it wants to see or not see.
There are four factors that determine the ranking of your content that appears on your news feed. These factors as per the algorithms are:
- The inventory of all posts that are displayed
- The Facebook signal that tells them what each post is about
- A predictive method to determine how well you respond to each post
- Finally, a score is attached to each post on the basis of all factors considered.
Whether you want to grow organically or a paid method, it is important to understand these algorithms while strategizing content that will be more effective and have a wider reach.
The news feed algorithms have changed since 2018
What you see on your News Feed and how the content is ranked as per popularity has changed completely as the algorithms will pick content that can have a meaningful interaction over other sundry content.
The changes in Video Ranking
While Facebook always promoted those videos, which had determinants like intent, loyalty, viewing duration, and originally. It has also added some other pointer to get a favorable ranking for your videos:
- Repeat value of a video – if a viewer comes back to view the video, it will increase its value on repeat views.
- To capture viewer attention – make sure your videos are viewed for a longer duration, at least a minute, to get the algos to notice it.
- Share only original content – the algos do not give that much importance to shared or repurposed videos. In turn, it wants to grab as many eyeballs as many a new original self-created video will.
Stop spamming and spreading misleading information
The new Facebook algorithm has got better at recognizing biased content, misleading content, or spam. They will also recognize the clickbait content. Misleading claims or falsely advertised products and services will be severely punished or penalized as per the algorithm.
How does all this work?
The algorithms have a goal that says, “show stories that matter to the users.” Plain and simple. With this in mind, create content that will satisfy the four factors discussed previously, and you will start seeing the improvement in your reach.
- Your scrolling activities will determine the stock of all the content on your News Feed. This can keep changing accordingly to the feed and scrolling done by you.
- The signals your content will send to the Facebook algorithms, which means what kind of content you post on a regular basis. You have complete control over this as you are the decider of your content and posts.
- The behavior of the user and their response to a post or how likely are you to generate a positive response will come under the prediction.
- Relevant content with meaningful interaction will assign your post the final points.
These are the main points that you can study and apply to your content for the algorithms of Facebook to work in your favor. With pointers, you can surely win with original content.