Social media platforms can play a major role in your social media marketing success. Social media marketing tools have surely gained immense popularity and are dominating the business world across many countries.
Many marketers say that social media has helped increase exposure. So, make sure you are taking full advantage of the social media platforms. It does not mean that you should use all the social media platforms out there but should narrow down the most popular and most widely used ones.
What is a social media platform?
Social media platforms let you connect with people informally and communicate with them, share content and similar interests. These platforms are accessible on phones and tablets as well in a form of a website or an application.
Social media platforms have changed the way we do business as now we can exchange ideas and opinions and make contacts online in real-time. The presence on these platforms is considered an integral part of marketing strategy. Some of the most popular social media platforms in 2021 are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Let us take a closer look at the top social media sites:
- Instagram: Founded in 2010. Instagram has around 1 million active users around the globe. Also known as the “younger cousin” of Facebook, Instagram is a rising star in social media platforms and has become a true giant, and it is still growing.
- Facebook: Founded in 2004, Facebook is the first name to pop up in the minds of many users even today. You can find users of all ages on Facebook.
- Twitter: Founded in 2006, Twitter is among the few social platforms that can deliver both business-to-business and business-to-customer brands. “Tweeting” has become as universal as “googling” today with around 350 million active users monthly.
- LinkedIn: Initially founded in 2002, Microsoft acquired it in 2016. The platform is used by many companies to post a wide range of different types of content, from job openings to company updates.
- Pinterest: Founded in 2009, Pinterest lets you embed links together which drive traffic to your website. This online channel is the top choice for many brands that want to add value via engaging imagery and inspirational content.
- Quora: Founded in 2009, it is a Q&A platform that allows users to ask, answer, and find information on any topic. Quora’s ability to make it easy to target users based on topics, questions, and keywords is a real turning point for it as a marketing platform.
- YouTube: Founded in 2005 and acquired by Google later, YouTube is the largest online video platform in the world. It features a wide range of corporate and user-generated content that includes music, gaming videos, etc.
- WhatsApp: Founded in 2009, it is a messaging app that allows users to text, chat, and share media among individuals and groups.
Advantages of social media platforms
- Join for free: Social media channels are entirely free to start with, No signup fee is charged for joining the platform. Although paid advertising options are available if you wish to advertise, it’s not obligatory.
- Reach a larger audience: A pool of active audiences is available on social media platforms. This audience awaits to come across your products and services
- Website traffic: You can link your website or app to your content as most of the platforms enable you to do that. In turn, more engagement is diverted towards your website/app.
- Brand awareness: When you connect with potential customers, you expose them to your brand. Social media marketing agencies like ours, Social Eyes, can help you to create that brand awareness and build your brand royalty.
Over to you!
We hope you find this blog helpful in finding the right social media platforms to use for your brand in 2021.