Here is everything you ever wanted to know about Instagram reels. Excited to read this? Well, go ahead to read this information-packed blog post!
By now we all know that the secret to viral growth on Instagram right now is none other than the Instagram Reels. But making the perfect Reels and understanding how to use all those different editing features is an achievement in itself.
What are Instagram Reels?
Instagram reels offer a platform to create fun and engaging video content. Now Instagram users can upload 15 to 60-second video clips, add music, content and gifs. Users can also explore these Reels in the Reels tab. The Reels tab is filled with Reels from popular and trending accounts on Instagram.
You can choose your reel from pre-shooted videos from camera roll or you can make a fresh video right on the app. For the next step, you can use the draw or text tools and choose from a selection of Instagram stickers to make your reel attractive.
How to create Instagram Reels?
Instagram reels can be accessed and created in two different ways.
Instagram home screen – tap the “+” on the top right and scroll to the Reels tab at the bottom of the screen
Reels tab – camera on the top right
Steps to create Reels
- Open the Instagram camera and find the Reels icon
- Select the audio by tapping on the music icon
- Select the speed of your Reel by pressing the play icon
- Select how long you’d like your video to be by tapping the circle with a timer on the left- hand side
- Choose the length of your video clip from the stopwatch icon. Select between 3 second and 10-second countdown
- Scroll across to apply effects or filters to your Reel
- Now hold down the record button to capture video or upload from your camera roll. (you can start and stop recording many times during your video by pressing and holding the record button)
- You can also trim or delete any of the clips you’ve filmed by tapping the back arrow button. Press into the clip you want to edit
- You can also use the draw and text tools and select from several Instagram stickers
- The next step is to edit the cover photo with a video thumbnail or add a cover from your camera roll.
- Add an attractive caption, tags and hashtags (if any) and you are good to go
- Share your reel now!
All about Instagram Reel Insights
The Reels insights are available in both the Instagram insights tab and particular Reel also. It is a good practice to keep a track of how your Reels are performing. Visit the Reels tab on your profile page. Open a Reel you want to see insights for and then tap on the three-dot icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, and select “Insights.”
Instagram Reels have made themselves a solidified place on this social media platform. Proven to be a major growth and engagement hack, the Reels are here to stay and this is only the beginning.